Spotify updated its app today with focus on enhancing “Your Library” where users can now search using dynamic tags. It also features a new sorting option and the use of search filters. This update brings further enhancement to user experience when searching for songs on your playlist.
Your Library in Spotify is updated with several new features including:
- A new search function that lets users find podcasts or music in their collection
- New search filters view specific results like albums or podcasts, or show only downloaded content
- Sort search results alphabetically, by recently played, or artist name
- Pin up to four playlists, songs, or podcasts to keep them at the top of search results at all times
- Switch between list view and grid view
Spotify says that the new version of Your Library will begin rolling out Thursday to all Spotify users on iOS and Android.
Spotify is free to use, but downloading songs and an ad-free experience is reserved for premium paying subscribers. Similar to Apple Music, individuals can subscribe for $9.99 per month or pay $14.99 for a family plan that supports six users. Recently, it launched a “Duo” plan option for customers who only want two premium accounts for $12.99.
Spotify is a music streaming service directly competing with Apple Music. The company boasts over 5,000 hours of content is added every day, and users need a simple way to find their saved content. It offers an ad-supported free tier and premium subscription tier. It has over 158 million subscribers as of this writing.